TCS game balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
We played a TCS tourney this weekend in North Texas. During the 4 pool games, when anyone hit a ball it sounded like hitting those cheap Wilson NCAA practice balls. They had no pop and we never saw any HR’s in our games or games we watched. None of the balls were stamped with anything other than the TCS logo. Today in bracket play, they had different balls that were stamped as usual and they had a different sound and action when hit. We played on 3 different fields in pool and they all had the same balls.

My question is this normal for TCS events? We have another one coming up I’m July and was just curious about it. We have played some before but never saw the non stamped balls.

Mar 28, 2014
We played at Archgate on Fri&Sat and the balls were normal. Played a little today before the storm at Heritage and they sounded like mush balls. Maybe it was location dependent?

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
You may be right. We had mush balls Friday night and all day Saturday. We played at heritage park yesterday and today on a couple different fields and at high point park on Friday. Today was the only day with “real” balls.

Not really complaining since both teams were using the same ball. But def a difference.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
We had the same issue at Zoom into June this past weekend. TD told our coach they didn't want so many HR's hit. We hit 5 balls that norma;lly would of have been out but they just died at the fence. There were a few hit out out on other fields but they were by big ole gals for the most part. The seams were bad for the pitchers too. And there was a distinct sound the ball made off the bat. Supposedly the Xeno is one of the bats to use for these balls.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Played another TCS tournament this past weekend. First 3 days, balls sounded like mush and had no stamps. Last day we did have stamped balls and def had more pop.

Not a huge deal really because both teams were playing the same balls. More of a question of why they wouldn’t have uniform balls for every game.

May 10, 2019
Played another TCS tournament this past weekend. First 3 days, balls sounded like mush and had no stamps. Last day we did have stamped balls and def had more pop.

Not a huge deal really because both teams were playing the same balls. More of a question of why they wouldn’t have uniform balls for every game.
All the money teams spend on these tournaments and they have to go with cheap balls. That is ridiculous. They always say its about the girls. Well how many moments did they not allow to happen (Homeruns at Nationals) because they had to save a few bucks on balls. Instead of buying those much balls, how about you reuses balls from the previous tournament. I would be happy with that. I did need to play with a brand new ball ever game. That would save them money and give the real game back to the girls.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Im not really trying to bad mouth them but I dont understand why they use mixed ball types. I checked as best I could and they didnt mix the balls up in games. They were all the same so in my mind, they knew ahead of time that there was a difference.

Mar 28, 2014
Well how many moments did they not allow to happen (Homeruns at Nationals) because they had to save a few bucks on balls.
Lol, wow.

But think about how much better it made the pitchers feel! More "moments" for them so rest easy buddy, it all evens out. May have cost a hitter a "moment" but it gave the pitcher one instead.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee