Tanner 12

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
What are the thoughts on low hands?

giphy.gif

Oct 16, 2014
What are the thoughts on low hands?

giphy.gif
It looks like she's athletic and aggressive! This reminds me of a couple of players I coach. She made contact there, but her bat path limits her hitting. It looks like she's swinging around her body. I see DBSF. You didn't ask about the lower half, but I think learning to coil as the player moves out contributes greatly to improving the upper half.

Aug 20, 2017
Lower hands = More Slack, Less Adjustabilty IMO. Her hands launch a little lower than shoulder. Agree on DBSF

I would use neck slot with her.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Starting over from scratch. If she has any intentions of playing the game in HS, now is the time to start all over. Justin Stone drill, neck slot drill, etc. She has happy feet too. Not sure how long she has been playing but the longer she has played the harder it is going to be to revamp her swing. Tee work almost everyday for a couple weeks before she gets any front toss. You will be doing her a favor.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Rolling hard

She wants to play for her HS, which is a very strong team year in and year out. You have to be very good to make our Varsity team.

She only played 1 yr at 10u and then COVID canceled her second year. I don’t count the rec ball years. This is only her second year of playing.

Let me put it this way, this is only her second year of facing pitchers.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee