Taking the sign

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
NCAA the pitcher must be on the pitching plate before they look at their armband. If they look at it before stepping onto the pitching plate it is an illegal pitch.

No other ruleset has this requirement. The pitcher cant take their signal from anywhere, from anyone and at anytime. However, they must still at least simulate taking a signal from the catcher once they step onto the pitching plate. So, they must still step on with hands separated, keep the hands separated, look at the catcher and then bring the hands together.

Jul 14, 2018
NCAA the pitcher must be on the pitching plate before they look at their armband. If they look at it before stepping onto the pitching plate it is an illegal pitch.

No other ruleset has this requirement.

So this is kind of like the step back/start back rule. Even if a step back or looking at your arm band behind the pitching rubber is allowed at the lower levels, why get into that habit?

Jun 22, 2008
So this is kind of like the step back/start back rule. Even if a step back or looking at your arm band behind the pitching rubber is allowed at the lower levels, why get into that habit?

Give it a day or two, NCAA will change the rule again. As for the step back, not really an issue anymore as it appears all the rulesets now allow the step back, well, with the exception of NCAA who had to make their rule slightly different. Cant step back in NCAA, but can start with the stride foot back.

Jan 28, 2017
Lol. I’m sure she doesn’t look funny. Good luck this season Tango

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. I’m sure she doesn’t look funny. Good luck this season Tango

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

63 pitch complete game today in MS. 1 hitter. I wasn't at the TB game but just found out the dork had a flip wrist band on during that game and that's why the video looked so funny. Geez

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12