Switch hitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
It depends what you consider "power". If driving gaps and turning singles into doubles, doubles in to triples, and down the line shots into in the park HR's is power, then yes. That is part of the slappers game. There is still a misconception, especially at the younger ages, that slappers are quick kids that can't hit. So put them on the left and "tap and go". That really isn't what the slap game is about., but I digress...

Not sure what your HS competition is like where you live, but a freshman throwing 58-60 in my neck of the woods would be pretty impressive. My DD's freshman year in HS, we had one of the best freshman pitchers in the state playing for us. She threw low 60's consistently, and had some good movement on her pitches. I know she was getting Power 5 looks on her travel team, and no doubt in my mind that her phone will be wringing on September 1st.

I hope your daughter works hard and finds success in her career. (y)
My daughter has good velocity for our area. There are a couple of girls a year older and much taller that are high 50’s low 60’s In TB.
There is one girl who is a phenom and has been pitching since she was 5 I believe. She has a rubber band for an arm and can pitch 2/3 games a day on consecutive days. She is much bigger than my daughter. She was clocked at 64mph. She is an exception to the rule and just plays softball year round. She plays on a National team. We lost to them in a Championship game last year 1-0 in extra innings on a throwing error by our 3rd baseman. The kid pitched 3 games that day. Tough loss.
Thanks for the well wishes. You take care as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23