Swinging down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
this is a reach. The rest isn’t bad. But a reach is a timing nightmare. Partially bc sometimes you hit from it.. I think that was part of the stay ‘back’ ‘one’ leg thing. I had a college swing of hers, same reach pattern. Personally like to see the pelvis leverage first stacked w the torso. See how the knees indirectly control the weight? This is why I don’t like the ‘squat’ analogy. But I get it. @pattar

View attachment 24820
Thank you for this swing!!!

There you go Efast, a HOF player with a vertical forearm. Proving the forearm isn’t level to the ground in all hitters.

I just don’t know all the hitters with a vertical forearm. I see them sometimes, like Beltre.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Thank you for this swing!!!

There you go Efast, a HOF player with a vertical forearm. Proving the forearm isn’t level to the ground in all hitters.

I just don’t know all the hitters with a vertical forearm. I see them sometimes, like Beltre.
1641490788917-0.00.01.40.png

Looks more horizontal than vertical to me at toe touch.

Actually, this particular swing is not optimal, he starts his swing with the front foot in the air (see below)- he has the mostly flat forearm, then he begins to drop his back elbow to toe touch. Plus his bat is a little flat. So he loses some leverage to start. But, everything else is optimal, and he's 220 lbs of muscle, so it works for him.

beltre.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Efast

It’s just a swing. While it may come close, it’s more vertical. And it’s vertical all the way to toe touch and vertical after. 😝

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Efast

There’s a ton of hitters who start prior to toe touch. Although, I really don’t like Beltre’s stiff legs. I’ve seen it a lot in other hitters, just the way they learned.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812