Swinging down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Head pretty much stacked vertically over belly button at toe touch.

tWTyvz9.gif

KqcmvMc.gif

QrLQPej.gif

sON6MR1.gif
Are you implying that is the point of leverage at toe touch, is if the head is over the bb.

Oct 2, 2017
yes the center of the body. The spine. We rotate around the spine imo of course.
By the way I'm not really referring to spine or rear leg or something like that. I'm referring to when the lower half starts to launch ahead of the upper. You start to tighten everything. That to me is when a hitter is leveraged. I guess when the slack is taken out. Imo hopefully that makes sense

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
By the way I'm not really referring to spine or rear leg or something like that. I'm referring to when the lower half starts to launch ahead of the upper. You start to tightening everything. That to me is when a hitter is leveraged. Imo hopefully that makes sense

I like that. For me thats when the rear knee pivots. That pushes the weight forward a bit while the hands remain back. Dynamically balanced. Could sit and hit an off speed or swing on fastball. But if the spine is tilted back all bets are off.

1641494763836.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don't ever remember you at Hitting Illustrated, or at Rich's first ever clinic in San Diego when "Encinitas", "Mightylakers", and myself paid for his airfare, and lodging for the Friday night, Saturday, Sunday morning clinic. Or were you one of the three or four guys who walked out in the middle of the Friday night chalkboard session when Rich was trying to stumble around explaining pronation/supination?

I'll be the first to admit that Rich had/has some good ideas wrt the swing, but unfortunately, he butchers the anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology of how to produce what he sees, and tries to explain. His stubbornness in accepting help from many who tried to assist him in simply making his instructional words match his theory is what lost and cost him....IMO naturally.
Grinding. I’m glad I wasn’t there. He knows how to explain it, teach it, and teaches you how to teach it now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12