swing vs explode

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I said we played HR derby..I didn't say what field we hit on... ;)
My bad speaking in context of what was being mentioned prior to your comment, :). In my case I couldn't hit or jump, we aren't all athletically gifted as you pattar. :)

Jun 8, 2016
My bad speaking in context of what was being mentioned prior to your comment, :). In my case I couldn't hit or jump, we aren't all athletically gifted as you pattar. :)
Remember this was the mid to late 80's, what I lacked in power was made up for with 5" barrels..

Sep 17, 2009
In honor of FFS's question responses to questions :)

Is loose good? Or could it result in excess slack?

Is fast twitch necessary? Or does a proper load (and some preload) + sequence make fast twitch not as important?

Is the idea of 'explode!' any different than 'snap!'

Jun 8, 2016
Is fast twitch necessary? Or does a proper load (and some preload) + sequence make fast twitch not as important?
All of those things are important as it will put your body in an optimal position to produce force, but at the end of the day muscles that have a higher concentration of fibers which can reach peak force faster and can generate a higher peak force (e.g. fast-twitch fibers) will better be suited for activities which require sudden movements. In other words two players with the same mechanics the one who is "twitchier" will be able to wait a bit longer to decide to launch than the less twitchy person.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802