Swing trainer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2010
I was at the ball park last night for practice with my U10 all star team. The U8 coach had the field before me and had an assistant from the local high school there with a swing training device. It was basically a tee to sit the ball on and some guides that you have to swing the bat through to hit the ball. The thing that really got me was that the guides were angled down so to hit the ball without hitting the guides you had to swing down at a pretty steep angle, probably at least 20 degrees down. The angle was not adjustable.

Has anyone else seen this particular swing trainer? If so, do you know what it is called. It is basically some tubing in an elongated U shape, on a stand. We have a fairly successful high school team and I was really shocked that they use this device.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
did it look like this:
instructo1.jpg

Instructo Swing

These are supposed to be good (I think Steve Englishbey likes these) and also adjustable. the one you were loking at may not have been adjusted correctly for that batter.

Then again, coaches don't always know what they are doing.....

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2009
I was at the ball park last night for practice with my U10 all star team. The U8 coach had the field before me and had an assistant from the local high school there with a swing training device. It was basically a tee to sit the ball on and some guides that you have to swing the bat through to hit the ball. The thing that really got me was that the guides were angled down so to hit the ball without hitting the guides you had to swing down at a pretty steep angle, probably at least 20 degrees down. The angle was not adjustable.

Has anyone else seen this particular swing trainer? If so, do you know what it is called. It is basically some tubing in an elongated U shape, on a stand. We have a fairly successful high school team and I was really shocked that they use this device.

This is common, and bad, advice.

As someone else said, I think the device is now adjustable to reinforce a slight uppercut.

Apr 20, 2010
That's the one

That is exactly what it looked like. It must have been one of the original ones because it was not adjustable. Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478