Swing thoughts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
15584727011494198.gif

15584729081497795.gif

tumblr_prvhjsqFmw1usf292o1_400.gif

I originally was going to 'bash' this hitter(drop bat level and swing) but, the more I look at this swing I can see how it might work. Not my style but, as long as hitter starts early it works. I see it no different than if a hitter just started with the bat on their shoulder(Brett comes to mind). The test will be against faster pitching, as with any hitter.
She doesn't really have it in the neck slot like Brett though, but like you said if she starts it early enough I guess it could work. I mean it is working although I have no idea what level of pitching she is facing in Canada (no offense @julray :) )

May 12, 2016
She doesn't really have it in the neck slot like Brett though, but like you said if she starts it early enough I guess it could work. I mean it is working although I have no idea what level of pitching she is facing in Canada (no offense @julray :) )
She faced the US national team and beat them... hope that wasn’t offensive either, 😊.

“Valcke batted .296 in 27 at bats at the baseball worlds. She scored three times and drove in four runs, including an RBI single in the pivotal 10th inning of Canada’s 8-5 bronze-medal win over the United States”

This is not some random travel team player... she’s been playing with the national team, both softball and baseball..... and she’s just in her first year university.

Anyway I now you are kidding, :)

Jun 8, 2016
She faced the US national team and beat them... hope that wasn’t offensive either, 😊.

“Valcke batted .296 in 27 at bats at the baseball worlds. She scored three times and drove in four runs, including an RBI single in the pivotal 10th inning of Canada’s 8-5 bronze-medal win over the United States”

This is not some random travel team player... she’s been playing with the national team, both softball and baseball..... and she’s just in her first year university.

Anyway I now you are kidding, :)
I wasn't kidding, I have no idea how good the pitching is in Canada. I think I have seen the national softball team once on TV and never have seen a top Canadian 18U TB team or a top Canadian college team (is the one she is playing for one of the best in the country?).

She is obviously a pretty good athlete (although her throwing mechanics need some work..check out her recruiting video on youtube) and is making her swing work for the level she is playing at.

BTW that is the Canadian Female Baseball team right? :):):):):)

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
I wasn't kidding, I have no idea how good the pitching is in Canada. I think I have seen the national softball team once on TV and never have seen a top Canadian 18U TB team or a top Canadian college team (is the one she is playing for one of the best in the country?).

She is obviously a pretty good athlete (although her throwing mechanics need some work..check out her recruiting video on youtube) and is making her swing work for the level she is playing at.

BTW that is the Canadian Female Baseball team right? :):):):):)
Seen her play personally, her throwing needs 0 work, plays CF, but she can play anywhere, including catcher... she’s got a cannon. Her TB team won nationals last year and they won a few in the States as well, but that’s not just because of her obviously, they had a special team and will again this year. She plays baseball with the guys, and even though genetics become a challenge at this age, she continues to be competitive. Funny you mention throwing mechanics, thats A very strong part of her game.

Yes that was the female team beating team USA.. anyway done promoting ball here in 🇨🇦

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Funny you mention throwing mechanics, thats A very strong part of her game.
Well it must be like her hitting then, not pretty but gets the job done for the level she is playing at...

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
And that is a pretty high level...does it have to be pretty? Or just effective?
Out of curiosity, do you happen to know how many of the Canadian Women's (not Jr) National Softball team played college/TB in the US? I would guess a bunch.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Don't know about other schools - but there are 11 Ontario girls playing on Wayne State (MI) this year.

May 12, 2016
Out of curiosity, do you happen to know how many of the Canadian Women's (not Jr) National Softball team played college/TB in the US? I would guess a bunch.
No I don't, but there are a bunch playing at Wayne State, like 2bro2b said above. There pitcher (Stockie) signed at UTEP, believe she was originally going to San Jose. I believe on that team alone there are 7 or 8 that committed or already are playing somewhere. Valcke decided to stay in Canada, she is a BC Thunderbird I believe. I don't know for sure, but I would say she received multiple offers, her decision to stay in Canada would likely be related to her commitment to both Canadian Nation teams, that's just an assumption, not sure.

Anyway that's just players from one small area in Ontario, BC has some really good teams and talent. For example
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danielle_Lawrie

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

When DD was still visiting colleges she met a player on the Canadian National Team. While an active player on that team, she is also coaching at the college level in the states. Her bio is pretty impressive...

She already has two Canadian players on her college roster.

https://bucknellbison.com/staff.aspx?staff=96

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802