Swing quicker/harder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I've known this for awhile for pitching. Telling a pitcher it is easier to throw strikes if you throw the ball harder when they are in their development. Never used it for hitting. I think it can be used for hitting as well, swing quicker/harder and let natural coordination hit the ball and not any adjustments with the hands to hit the ball. Use the force to hit the ball.

Jul 29, 2013
Sometimes coaches coach kids out of naturally athletic and powerful moves. Tell them to go all out and mother nature steps in.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
One could say that is what all these TTB "Go" drills are about.

With pitchers I don't use the wording harder..because they seem to want to muscle up. My DD would ocasionally get mad at me and really try to throw hard at me (ball could go anywhere). I would tell her...If you really want to hurt me...just relax and be quicker! :)

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I've known this for awhile for pitching. Telling a pitcher it is easier to throw strikes if you throw the ball harder when they are in their development. Never used it for hitting. I think it can be used for hitting as well, swing quicker/harder and let natural coordination hit the ball and not any adjustments with the hands to hit the ball. Use the force to hit the ball.
At the younger ages many of the best players are riding on pure ability. Coaches are afraid to correct swing issues because they think “if it ain’t broke”

But, eventually bad habits develop and the other kids who have been forced to work on mechanics start to catch up in size and strength. Eventually the 10u Star is a soccer player and the fringe players who were taught the fundamentals are the softball stars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee