Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
FP26

I’ll just say that I’m building awareness in my swing. I can feel things happen better. Before it was try something, video and then looking at the video. Now I can feel things that show up on video.

Take a look at my swing above. I plunged the hands down in the bad swing and not so bad in the better swing.

In my opinion the feel is more important than the video. That's one of the things I like about technology like swing trackers. You can try different things, feel what the differences are, and track what changes.

The hands in the 2nd swing do look a little better. What keeps catching my eye is the front elbow. Even though the ball is on a tee, I get the impression that you are getting jammed. Have you ever played around with your front side scap?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
FP26

I haven’t been paying much attention to the lead arm/scap.

I’m getting jammed. Trying to TTB early/arc and pushing the hands all in one swing. 😜

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The reason why the hands are plummeting is bc of your break in posture or early hip extension. You’re coming outta your hip and the hands drop bc of it. The reason why you get jammed is bc you lose space bc your hips move towards the plate before launch. No spacing. I would learn how tilt your pelvis back (behind you)and try to keep it there. It will help you stay in your hips longer as well as keep you in your legs better. You could also open your back foot to the catcher a bit at set up, this will help the IR/ER of your back hip. Just a couple of fixes you can try.

edit: things that happen down the chain are usually bc of something that happened earlier in the chain. Fix the posture or your wasting your time with the hands imo.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Drl5dAW.gif

AQfOfG9.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I’m going to make a check point about all the swing thoughts. That way I’ll remember everything like swing down, shoulders tilted down in front, tilt the posture at the hips, coil the back hip/pocket toward the pitcher, maintain posture all the way the follow through until I stop standing up, etc., That’s a good start to my list.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

I need to burn this into my brain and duplicate. He makes it look simple and easy.

Not sure why there is a weight on the tee. It looks like a Tanner tee. I love the Tanner tee and I’ve yet to knock it down.

You get a true contact with the ball off the Tanner tee. It’s designed to not interfere with contact.

Great product, highly recommend.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28