Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I’m developing awareness in my swing. I can now feel when something is wrong or right. I think I will develop more awareness by swinging more.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Slowed down,

giphy.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Take a close look at your hand path. If it helps, focus primarily on the bottom hand. What do you notice?

Well, I could radial deviate the bottom hand. Create a better knob/hands pointing more toward the catchers feet.

I’m open to suggestions. Trying to solve the poor back arm/hand action. This swing was a result of relaxing the hands.

I’ll post a swing of what I’m trying to fix.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
FP26

The hands drop and plunge down. Lead arm needs to get on plane and not go downwards. Maybe that’s why my lead arm is breaking down.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
FP26

The hands drop and plunge down. Lead arm needs to get on plane and not go downwards. Maybe that’s why my lead arm is breaking down.

Nailed it!! The recent swing looks to be top hand dominant to me. Get the front hand/arm/etc. more involved and I think you will see some improvements. And your standing up... ;)

By the way, this is very common in tee swings. You are essentially trying to get on plane with a stationary ball instead of a moving ball. You need to trick your brain into thinking that the ball is coming from a pitcher. Then allow your body to organize itself as it needs to.

Wanted to add that I have nothing but respect for you for throwing this experiment out there. Great job!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
FP26

I’ll just say that I’m building awareness in my swing. I can feel things happen better. Before it was try something, video and then looking at the video. Now I can feel things that show up on video.

Take a look at my swing above. I plunged the hands down in the bad swing and not so bad in the better swing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28