Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
Bonesaw

Thanks. There shouldn’t be any missing frames. I’ll look into it.

Oh you're right the bottom one looks great!

I would like to see you try to oull your torso back towards the catcher. There is a hint of "popping up"

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

I would like to see you try to oull your torso back towards the catcher. There is a hint of "popping up"

The bottom one was just slower, I had to redo my post because I selected the same gif and at the same speed. Fixed it though😛

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

Yeah that popping up has to be addressed. I need to exaggerate holding my posture instead of standing up and losing my posture.

Feb 25, 2020
Everyone "loses their posture". The body straightening is the strongest move a person can do. You just need to redirect it. You pop "up" but popping "back" is better. If you get too far forward up is where you go.

Easier said than done. I struggle similarly.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Hold the posture going the other way. I need to set the tee outside and low.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2009
Yeah that popping up has to be addressed. I need to exaggerate holding my posture instead of standing up and losing my posture.
You are (subtly) shifting your weight first to your front leg. You can see it when the front knee moves first. It is leading you to a front-leg block/push-back which causes the head popping up (vs. lowering as you'd see in a live, well-sequenced swing). I don't mean any of that as an insult rather a description. It is somewhat understandable as you are really concentrating on the top half, not the bottom. So you are getting more pushback than clear the hips action on the front-side. And when that happens, as in many low-effort swings, the launch is much more against and around the front-leg. You see it in soft-toss, tee swings, warmup circles swings, swing demos, etc. You know, the things some build their swing models around.

Try playing around with this: move closer to the wall, putting the bag deeper in your stance. Loosen your grip to allow a more handle-torquey rearward TTB feel in your hands. IMO you are death-gripping a bit. Let the front arm ride more up than around. On the bottom half, play around with an open or three quarters stretch and fire set-up position with a strong rear-leg-weighted/rear hip pivot point feel to the launch. See what it does your your tilt, your posture and head rise, bat path and contact point, which should now be deeper and more next or behind you than out in front. Different feels all around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802