Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think there is too much early bat acceleration as can be seen in the short clip, Bat is almost completely accelerated by bat lag (not completely accelerated).

I was trying to preset my coil to 80/100%. So I was trying to get both engines running at the same time.

It looks like I'm casting, sending to barrel to much rearward and in effect throwing a parachute on the barrel. The load to overcome this early bat arc has a negative effect on the lower body. The lower body struggles to overcome the parachute effect.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
You put a team of 10 YO on the field with this swing and the work ethics to improve a bit each year and you'll be kicking some butt. :devilish:

Edit: Maybe in four years his strength and athleticism will start to get strong enough to develop a more elite swing.
This is spot on. We need to take into account age and body development.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I have a question for everyone. who thinks the front leg is more important? Meaning does the hips/body snap because the front leg Is working correctly?

May 12, 2016
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think there is too much early bat acceleration as can be seen in the short clip, Bat is almost completely accelerated by bat lag (not completely accelerated).

I was trying to preset my coil to 80/100%. So I was trying to get both engines running at the same time.

It looks like I'm casting, sending to barrel to much rearward and in effect throwing a parachute on the barrel. The load to overcome this early bat arc has a negative effect on the lower body. The lower body struggles to overcome the parachute effect.
Thanks for continuing to post Shawn..

IMO you are loosing the barrel immediately, swing is too loopy. Also Losing posture as you can see you are standing taller into contact. You are working the front shoulder up instead of maintaining good posture and allowing the shoulders to naturally work around spine.

gif (8).gif gif (10).gif gif (9).gif
Trout is not focused on working the barrel rearward.. he also maintains his posture while the shoulders work around the spine. Down to by the side of the shoulder because of great resistance and posture...not down to across the shoulder.., handle stays close to the rear shoulder as it turned into the pitch until barrel is released/chopped into the ball. The barrel works rearward naturally.. it has too. I would argue Trout is resisting losing the barrel rearward instead of forcing that action

As you progress in your swing you are standing taller into contact, the arrow corresponding to your front shoulder shows the direction it is moving(jutting up instead of around), and the line between your rear shoulder and handle displays how you are losing the barrel

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

JMHO.. and thanks for posting again

Attachments

• gif (9).gif
    gif (9).gif
    475.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Julray

Thanks. You think there is to much early arcing? What are your thoughts of the batspeed being at 47 at lag and only increasing 13 to 60 mph from lag to contact?