Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
Since I can't work with my kids and I'm avoiding human contact. I thought I would start my own swing experiment. My left foot is still sore from a sprang so as soon as it gets better I plan on exercising and losing a ton of weight. While I venture into being physically in shape, I thought I would swing a bat along the way and see what does and doesn't work. I'm carrying a lot of weight so it is going to effect my swings and I'm not in shape either. This is going to take some time, perhaps a 1 yr, I'll strive for making changes faster. Although it took my a long time to put the weight on and it will take some time to take it off and getting the core back in shape.

What do you think is the difference between these two swings?

swing 1

giphy.gif

swing 2

giphy.gif

Don't be shy, I know it's not pretty, lol.

You are a lot prettier in the 2nd swing?

No, first swing has more bat wrap; longer swing, the hands are starting the swing not your backside, and your front leg is soft, maybe because of the foot.

These things are improved in the 2nd swing. Your hands maintain bat lag better with your improved rotation. In the 1st swing because of the improved front side, rotation, the wrists do not release until slot.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Today's swing. I think I'm holding the hinge angle during initiation better. Needs some more work. My cue was to swing down, lower the back elbow. So, I'm lowering the back elbow first and lowering it creates a swinging down action. It helped I think.

Posture still needs work, still coming out of it too early.

As you can see I'm starting with a open stance to better feel the back leg/hip load. I swear I was striding farther forward. In some of my swings I did.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Does anyone know of a tee that can work the bottom of the strike zone? Get really low and waist high. I can get this tee a little lower, but I want one that gets really low. I think I can even saw this one down, as there is an insert inside the main tube that moves up and down. Lots of room for going up, you can go way up. I want it to get low.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Tanner Tee “Short” is pretty low but don’t know if it will reach your waist...... most people will place it on top of a milk crate or something if extra height is needed while using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
This one looks pretty short. I’ll look at the tanner tee short as well.

Short tee

I think I can use the one I have for the waist area and above get one for below the waist to the knees.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yea, they are basically the same thing, both are vey durable tee’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to buy the Tanner tee. It goes from 20 to 32 inches and my tee starts at 29 and goes way up. I was going to buy the Atec which went lower 16 to 22 inches. Which 16 inches is below the knees. I rather have it above the knees and in between the knees and waist 20 to 32.

The Tanner tee I’m looking at is the youth size. Haven’t seen one that is lower in height.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28