Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2017
I don't like today's swings. I was trying to create a strong change of direction, upperbody/hands going back as the lowerbody/hips move forward/turn. It looks like the upperbody dominated the sequence instead of creating a strong coil is the lowerbody/hips.

giphy.gif

I believe in get short and stay short. As soon as you start to deliver the bat you come right out of posture and your head shoots up. Your head doesn't move on it's own so that means your spine is getting more vertical or coming out of the hip hinge.

May 12, 2016
I believe in get short and stay short. As soon as you start to deliver the bat you come right out of posture and your head shoots up. Your head doesn't move on it's own so that means your spine is getting more vertical or coming out of the hip hinge.
Agree, maintain posture

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Gotcha, I knew my posture needed work didn’t catch the head moving up. It might be swinging into the bag to high creating some of the problem.

I need more downward shoulder angle as well as creating and maintaining better posture.

May 12, 2016
Gotcha, I knew my posture needed work didn’t catch the head moving up. It might be swinging into the bag to high creating some of the problem.

I need more downward shoulder angle as well as creating and maintaining better posture.
This guy talks a lot about posture, great teacher

Jun 8, 2016

Do you have a bad back and/or weak core? When my back is tight/sore I have a hard time maintaining posture.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Do you have a bad back and/or weak core? When my back is tight/sore I have a hard time maintaining posture.

I have a weak core, it’s called fat. lol

The other issue is getting on the front leg. I’ve had problems in the past of getting the weight on the front leg. Combined with swinging to high in this swing, I’m coming up to much.

Jun 8, 2016
I have a weak core, it’s called fat. lol

The other issue is getting on the front leg. I’ve had problems in the past of getting the weight on the front leg. Combined with swinging to high in this swing, I’m coming up to much.
Lol..well you can have a strong core but just covered up by too much "fluff" 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802