Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I started to unhinge the top hand before the back elbow started to lower. So I started to think about swinging down, lowering the back elbow first, not the hands specifically.

I think you shouldn’t TTB without swinging down at the same time.
Swing down with tilt?

Aug 2, 2019
I took some swing the other day with DD soft tossing and wife watching closely. Pulled a muscle in my neck. It aint easy.
I've been down all week because I threw my back out breaking in DDs new bownet. I had her measuring my exit velo so I was swinging like an a-hole. You're right. It' ain't easy.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yeah, me too. But that was Saturday, and it’s still sore.

I threw out my back playing golf when I was younger. I was mad because of the way I was hitting ball and tried to swing hard and kill the ball. I missed the ball and torqued my upper torso until I was looking out my butt. The next day my entire back was like a 2 by 4, couldn’t move. Never swing angry. It took 2 to 4 years before my back was back to normal.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
It's been a long time since someone threw BP to me. I don't see that happening for sometime.

I do think one needs to include a moving ball with pace when swinging to duplicate.. This should help with the understanding of feel vs real.. I know some have been swinging in the living room for years trying to duplicate and finally attempted live swings.. The live swing looked nothing like what was being sold in the living room.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I do think one needs to include a moving ball with pace when swinging to duplicate..
You can 'duplicate' (try) that ONE swing off a tee. That doesn't mean you can even come close to duplicating that one swing or any other swing against a moving ball. That's why they are pros and most are not.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28