Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Shawn, I applaud your efforts...... Next time you video your swing try your different swing thoughts with some live pitching or front toss with some pace and please no machine. Upon completion report the results or any adjustments made with your swing thoughts..

I would advice the rest who are advising to do the same thing. Not saying the thoughts don't work but at least one can report back results and maybe adjustments if any made to accommodate the swing thought..

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think today's swings are more natural, less thinking. I just tried to create the axis at the back hip and a deep rotational point of the hands.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn, I applaud your efforts...... Next time you video your swing try your different swing thoughts with some live pitching or front toss with some pace and please no machine. Upon completion report the results or any adjustments made with your swing thoughts..

I would advice the rest who are advising to do the same thing. Not saying the thoughts don't work but at least one can report back results and maybe adjustments if any made to accommodate the swing thought..

It's been a long time since someone threw BP to me. I don't see that happening for sometime.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
Hey mods, I think it’s time for a new sticky. Can you please create a thread where moms and dads can post their swings? That would be fun and create lots positive and productive conversation, LOL

1585882700834.png

Also Shawn, I've lost like 3 pounds since I started taking cuts in the backyard(10 days ago?) Mostly skin off my hands I think though. Once again, very cool of you to put yourself out there.

Jul 31, 2019
This is great. I was doing something similar with my swaying and Blast Connect. Trying to change things to improve the numbers. I was also trying to apply what people were debating in the TTB thread but could not keep up with the thread.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
This is great. I was doing something similar with my swaying and Blast Connect. Trying to change things to improve the numbers. I was also trying to apply what people were debating in the TTB thread but could not keep up with the thread.

Honestly I TTB naturally. I don’t have to think about it. I did a long time ago and had a problem with sending the barrel backwards by losing the hinge angle. I had the hardest time of breaking the habit. What fixed it was swinging down. I worked on swinging down by lowering or slotting the back elbow without letting the top hand uncock at the start or first move.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Honestly I TTB naturally. I don’t have to think about it. I did a long time ago have a problem with sending the barrel backwards by losing the hinge angle. I had the hardest time of breaking the habit. What fixed it was swinging down. I worked on swinging down by lowering or slotting the back elbow without letting the top hand uncock at the start or first move.
What do you mean by swinging down. Down to the ball or down behind you, or something else?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
What do you mean by swinging down. Down to the ball or down behind you, or something else?

I started to unhinge the top hand before the back elbow started to lower. So I started to think about swinging down, lowering the back elbow first, not the hands specifically.

I think you shouldn’t TTB without swinging down at the same time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802