Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I like some of the swing, not ball flight, but I think the lowerbody is better.

Jun 8, 2016
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Looks like you are working oppo...good. Work on keeping your posture and the ball flight will improve. Even better, when the weather gets better get on a field and do it.

May 12, 2016
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Happy to see you are still at it! IMO, popping out of your posture, standing taller as the swing progresses. Probably explains why you topped that ball and did not stay though it. JMHO

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
It’s not as simple as ‘stay in your posture’.

energy transfer is leaky. Understand the transfer of energy and where it originates and the fix is pretty easy.

May 12, 2016
Hey Shawn, I'm not saying that posture is the only thing wrong with your swing, but maintaining posture will certainly help you improve it and probably explains why you topped that ball

Aug 20, 2017
Good posture will clean up bat path and help ensure a bigger hitting window creating a little more consistent contact. We make sure we are looking at the tee where the ball left to hopefully prevent head from coming up early and creating a bat path towards SS or 3B

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Hey Shawn, I'm not saying that posture is the only thing wrong with your swing, but maintaining posture will certainly help you improve it and probably explains why you topped that ball

I’m going to do some PVC drills that focus on posture.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood