Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Can’t say I’m on board with body being slave to the hands.. that’s just me. Everybody has their own journey.

Cheers

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Can’t say I’m on board with body being slave to the hands.. that’s just me. Everybody has their own journey.

Cheers

The body supports the hands, so I have no problem using the term calling the body is a slave to hands.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The upperbody is saying to turn the rear leg to create a sequence, the rear leg Isn’t saying let me turn to transfer energy into the hands.

It’s the goal of the swing. The hands/upperbody action is the goal. The lower body is the means whereby to attain the goal.

May 12, 2016
Understood Shawn... when I hear body is slave to the hands I think of hands lead the way and the body will react appropriately... I don’t agree with that. Body supports the hands, absolutely, but the hands aren’t the boss.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Agreed, I’m just saying it can be viewed as a top down action. I’m not saying as I was taking swings my lowerbody didn’t become more involved. I was becoming more aware of my body as I progressed.

As you can see my body actions actually improved with the thought of using the hands. Instead of trying to turn the lowerbody that creates a sequence to the next body part. Which eventually works it way into the upperbody. My hip rotation is actually worse in kinetic chain swing, due too faulty thinking. My old actions create chaos in the swing as I try to use the body.

Mar 6, 2016
I've got it!!!! 😜 As Mars Blackmon once said, "Its gotta be the shoes!". In the first video you are wearing "slides" (slip ons). In the 2nd video you are in actual shoes.

I could go on and on how hitting in slides just completely throws off the kinetic sequence of TTB and coiling on the axis plane hindering the scap load and stretch at the time of foot touch...which DUH then throws off the linear and rotational hand positioning causing severe bat drag and casting around all while hitting down on the ball with a negative launch angle, not to even mention the complete inability and ineffectiveness of squishing the bug....but you guys all know that already. :ROFLMAO:

What do I win????

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812