Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Today's swing being strapped in with a Swingrail and a Powerswing Plus. They don't prevent the wrists from articulating. Although they do provide some feedback. I think I can do better with them next time. Here I was thinking I needed a deeper hand rotational point and TTB when I really needed a shorter swing.

I have some ideas on what to work on. I would like to hear what others think I should work on?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Before you say to move the tee back, I want to swing forward. Move the lag position from behind or even with my back shoulder to farther in front of my back shoulder.

Nov 16, 2017
giphy.gif

Today's swing being strapped in with a Swingrail and a Powerswing Plus. They don't prevent the wrists from articulating. Although they do provide some feedback. I think I can do better with them next time. Here I was thinking I needed a deeper hand rotational point and TTB when I really needed a shorter swing.

I have some ideas on what to work on. I would like to hear what others think I should work on?

The devices may be good but the swing looks very pushie and not pullie. Looks like you are pushing more with the top hand vs pulling with the bottom.

The loss of posture through the swing in the big error. I would fix that first. You finish a good 6 to 8 inches taller than when you start.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Just pretend you are rebuilding my swing.

Posture is a issue and I think it ties into the lower body. I need some work on the back knee coming down and as the hips start. I’m too flat footed with both feet after the front heel plants.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
One thing I always forget and want to try is to radial deviate the bottom wrist and get the knob pointing at the catchers feet. Create a little stretch backwards.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Just pretend you are rebuilding my swing.

Posture is a issue and I think it ties into the lower body. I need some work on the back knee coming down and as the hips start. I’m too flat footed with both feet after the front heel plants.

Try a med ball throw or pretend throw with a wide stance and both feet anchored down. Everted if it’s comfortable. Of course with a bit of posture(no lower s curve spine). Posture set for middle away. Throw to RCF. Maintain the space between the feet. Maintain your ground basically. That will stop the hips from turning you. Your core will have to do it. It’s basically to feel launch from the middle out. When comfortable. Close off your stance a bit. Repeat. You will feel more pulling from both sides. Reciprocally. It’s just a feel drill and can get the right muscles working. I think if you maintain space on the ground with your feet, your swing will improve immensely.

then just try to incorporate the feel into your tee swing. Lmk if anything doesn’t make sense.

1590099423875.gif

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
Try a med ball throw or pretend throw with a wide stance and both feet anchored down. Everted if it’s comfortable. Of course with a bit of posture(no lower s curve spine). Posture set for middle away. Throw to RCF. Maintain the space between the feet. Maintain your ground basically. That will stop the hips from turning you. Your core will have to do it. It’s basically to feel launch from the middle out. When comfortable. Close off your stance a bit. Repeat. You will feel more pulling from both sides. Reciprocally. It’s just a feel drill and can get the right muscles working. I think if you maintain space on the ground with your feet, your swing will improve immensely.

then just try to incorporate the feel into your tee swing. Lmk if anything doesn’t make sense.

View attachment 17838
Do you mean heels instead of feet in the above?

May 16, 2019
Shawn, I think that's good advice to start out with. Two weeks ago I would have had a different opinion, fact is , I've always believed in the use of the core and obliques in the swing. I still believe in the method I've learned and teach because of the power to all fields a smaller player can generate and the launch quickness that goes with it. I can see the benefits of learning this and feel this might be a better starting point for a lot of hitters. Good luck , Mike

Jul 29, 2013
giphy.gif

Your front elbow needs to raise to the level of your shoulder plane. Do you feel like you're jammed? Raising the front elbow will create space and make your body position more natural....probably keep you from getting on top of your front leg too. There's an Alyssa DiCarlo video of a movement that will help your elbow movement feel more natural.....if you're interested.....
A wider stance/stride wouldn't hurt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28