Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Same move
ySRvqK.gif

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Most golfer and all hockey players post up on the front leg. Please show me the hockey player with his front skate in the air at contact.
You said, "Understanding the feeling in this clip may change your mind more than my words "

In the clip the tennis players front foot is off the ground.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
When you actually try it it may make sense. When you look at it and guess you end up guessing.
This was also my confusion. I am not a tennis player but have access to try this move and will when i get a chance. i have tried with the golf swing on one leg, and i am way more off balance and less power on my back leg vs my front leg.

This tennis swing shows that the back heel doesn't move, the hip doesn't move. I do believe it is leveraged against the ground, but just not sure how to compare this to the baseball/fastpitch swing. Again, i am just trying to understand what this does. Should i show to DD and have her emulate this move during her swing?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
This was also my confusion. I am not a tennis player but have access to try this move and will when i get a chance. i have tried with the golf swing on one leg, and i am way more off balance and less power on my back leg vs my front leg.

This tennis swing shows that the back heel doesn't move, the hip doesn't move. I do believe it is leveraged against the ground, but just not sure how to compare this to the baseball/fastpitch swing. Again, i am just trying to understand what this does. Should i show to DD and have her emulate this move during her swing?

Perhaps don’t just consider it as hitting with one leg. Consider it as coiling the back leg/hip and that coil being maintained during any shift forward. The coil travels upwards through our spirally formed muscular system. The upper body is also creating resistance to stretch against. The torso/ hip is coiled at toe touch still. Look at the Griffey clip of how he remains coiled/stretched on the off speed pitch or a quasi/flexion delay of the swing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood