Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
This swing is the 'better' of the 2:
giphy.gif

You need better lighten. You also need to stand exactly the same distances from the back to get accurate readings. Mark off feet placement.
You're closer to the bag on this 'all forward swing':
giphy.gif

May 12, 2016
Hey mods, I think it’s time for a new sticky. Can you please create a thread where moms and dads can post their swings? That would be fun and create lots positive and productive conversation, LOL

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn, what do you want to do with this swing and how can we help, if at all?

I have suggestions but don’t want to be rude in assuming you want them.

I was just wondering how close to a good swing I could get myself, so as to be a better coach. Any swings I post of myself or my students are welcomed to suggestion. I have very thick skin, even thicker than 6 mos ago. Don't worry about offending me.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Pattar,

I don't know how I did it, I didn't change anything although I recorded today at 60 fps. I have a fast and slower swing for you today. You can see the blurring of the barrel and I need to adjust the camera better, cutting a little of the barrel off in the stance and pre-swing.

There are a few things I like better in this swing.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
RDbass,

Yes I was thinking to much in the second clip of ABAF. Your very correct, not very good IMO as well.

Yes I was to far away from the bag, made a better adjust today.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
This swing is the 'better' of the 2:
giphy.gif

You need better lighten. You also need to stand exactly the same distances from the back to get accurate readings. Mark off feet placement.
You're closer to the bag on this 'all forward swing':
giphy.gif
Bag is 2 plus feet to far forward on first (better) swing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802