Swing analysis for 12 yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2019
Looking for some swing analysis from some of the pros out there.

Sorry for the crappy video quality.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2014
Biggest thing I will throw out there on these as I usually do with tee swings is....I do not think this is her live pitching/game swing.

It looks like this turned into a mostly hands drill...if her actual swing looks like this is way too handsy, it's almost a complete arm swing.

She isn't engaging in a very athletic position seems very stiff and upright.

Lower body is not helping at all, she actually has a swing at the beginning where she is flatfooted.

Again I can see a few things she is doing OK but because of this soft toss "DRILL", I would never suggest any "fixes" without knowing if this is what her "real" swing looks like.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Tip: I really prefer it when people post full-speed video. I can slow it down easy enough in YouTube, if I need to. Full speed shows important info about athleticism and swing speed.

Things I'm seeing first...This is an arm-powered push swing. Yes, her hips are turning to face the pitcher, but her hands push ahead of the rear hip and she completely disconnects from any power contribution from the body. Learn about sequence, connection, and using the hands to turn the barrel.

These get posted a lot, but they have good info for new hitters...

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Tip: I really prefer it when people post full-speed video. I can slow it down easy enough in YouTube, if I need to. Full speed shows important info about athleticism and swing speed.

Things I'm seeing first...This is an arm-powered push swing. Yes, her hips are turning to face the pitcher, but her hands push ahead of the rear hip and she completely disconnects from any power contribution from the body. Learn about sequence, connection, and using the hands to turn the barrel.

These get posted a lot, but they have good info for new hitters...

If you and your DD watch and work and understand on theses two videos for the next 3 months she will improve faster than any coach or instructor could ever teach both of you. Don't look any farther, you have found the beginning and maybe the end.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
It looks like this turned into a mostly hands drill...if her actual swing looks like this is way too handsy, it's almost a complete arm swing.
seems very stiff and upright.
I'm agreeing with what has been posted. Your DD also drops her hands and arm bars (2nd swing). I'd start with a tee and get the sequence right first.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478