Swing analysis 10u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I’m not saying it would be easy, just saying I think her swing can be better.
You can say that about anybody for the most part, especially 8 YO. You line up 100 8 YO and her swing would likely be one of the 25 best..that is all anybody is saying. That said, constructive criticism is great and it is up to the parent to figure out what he/she wants to do with it.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You can say that about anybody for the most part, especially 8 YO. You line up 100 8 YO and her swing would likely be one of the 25 best..that is all anybody is saying. That said, constructive criticism is great and it is up to the parent to figure out what he/she wants to do with it.

She’s young I get it. Is she to young to learn? Only the kid can tell you that.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
She gives up the coil, no stretch, no connection between her lowerbody and upper body.

Starts with the hands beyond the back foot as she shifts (weight shifts) forward and slots the back elbow. Or all back and all forward. In any case the hands/bat collapse into the body as they come forward.

What loads unloads.

60B3CCEE-71DD-497C-8CBF-359C26EAE385.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
She gives up the coil, no stretch, no connection between her lowerbody and upper body.

Starts with the hands beyond the back foot as she shifts (weight shifts) forward and slots the back elbow. Or all back and all forward. In any case the hands/bat collapse into the body as they come forward.

What loads unloads.

View attachment 25337

She moves well (athletic) !! just tighten the hand pivot. Don't spend time micro managing every movement which removes the athleticism from her.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
She moves well (athletic) !! just tighten the hand pivot. Don't spend time micro managing every movement which removes the athleticism from her.

She looks good for 8 but this is like comparing 🍎’s to 🍊’s.

It’s not micro management. It’s just the basics.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802