Swing adjustments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I did not make either comparison. Kent definitely has the "missing frames"....

Missing-Frames.gif

Apr 16, 2013
Just take your latest swing and work slowly amigo. Don't stress. Focus on what the guy said above, "She is light years ahead of the average girl her age." My DD was 8yo too when I first started looking at this swing stuff. She's 15 now. It goes by quickly.

Oct 2, 2017
Just take your latest swing and work slowly amigo. Don't stress. Focus on what the guy said above, "She is light years ahead of the average girl her age." My DD was 8yo too when I first started looking at this swing stuff. She's 15 now. It goes by quickly.

I plan on it. I'm just taking it slow. Just learning stuff also.

Dec 4, 2013
Actually I did ... made me chuckle ... but the 'real missing frames' were on the 'left'.

It's a pet peeve of mine when I see video like this that attempts to prove a point with video that is doctored.

Hahah alright good!

Yeah I'm not sure where I got it, it was in my library. I use gif brewery when making my own gifs. I do not even know how to delete a frame!

Oct 2, 2017
p71qbLP.gif
[/IMG]
Check out where the bat speed is. Where the bat gets blurry. Bat speed here is along side/out front. Chest and tricep powered.

Push vs Whip
71KTxy9.gif
[/IMG]
4Ee6tv2.gif
[/IMG]

Wouldn't ball placement change that.. those gifs are balls generally belt high or lower. She has a ball almost chest high.

Dec 4, 2013
Wouldn't ball placement change that.. those gifs are balls generally belt high or lower. She has a ball almost chest high.

Early bat speed will look different based on the pitch height. But it will always be "deep". Think of deep as behind the rear shoulder/head.

On a high pitch the swing will be more flat. So the early bat speed will start more behind the hitter and work towards the plate/oppo batter's box.

On a low pitch the swing will be more vertical. So the early bat speed will start more behind the hitter and work downwards towards the ground.

On both locations the bat speed is still going to be behind the rear shoulder/head. Never out front or along side the body.

Make sense? If not i'll provide some more gifs/info later

Off to some lessons now. Be back tonight!

P.S. - I love high tee work to start off! Have her lay the bat on her shoulder and simply TURN! No adjustment necessary. Knob is already pointing at the height of the pitch. Just has to focus on supinating. Turning barrel around the forearm.

Oct 2, 2017
Early bat speed will look different based on the pitch height. But it will always be "deep". Think of deep as behind the rear shoulder/head.

On a high pitch the swing will be more flat. So the early bat speed will start more behind the hitter and work towards the plate/oppo batter's box.

On a low pitch the swing will be more vertical. So the early bat speed will start more behind the hitter and work downwards towards the ground.

On both locations the bat speed is still going to be behind the rear shoulder/head. Never out front or along side the body.

Make sense? If not i'll provide some more gifs/info later

Off to some lessons now. Be back tonight!

P.S. - I love high tee work to start off! Have her lay the bat on her shoulder and simply TURN! No adjustment necessary. Knob is already pointing at the height of the pitch. Just has to focus on supinating. Turning barrel around the forearm.

I do think I understand, but if you have time later I would like to see more of what you re referring to.

Jun 8, 2016
Just out of curiosity did she go to no stride based upon your suggestion or is she like my DD and just out of the blue decides she wants to change her style
seemingly just to keep her father on his toes :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802