Swing adjustments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Look at the rear leg:
Stanton_BP_1.gif

The jury is still out on Judge also. I do see him using a no stride in practice. I have seen many ML hitters use a no stride in practice even though they use a stride in the game. I see him warming up the back leg action before the swing and see what your talking about.

Dec 4, 2013
The jury is still out on Judge also. I do see him using a no stride in practice. I have seen many ML hitters use a no stride in practice even though they use a stride in the game. I see him warming up the back leg action before the swing and see what your talking about.

Isn't that Stanton?

Oct 2, 2017
Been working with my daughter on some the suggestion that you've guys made. Which by the way thanks for all of them. Not only am I learning myself but also her. Still trying to work on keeping the back knee from floating over the back foot. My main question is, in the video below is she turning the barrel more now, that we've been working on it? I don't know how to make a Gif to really see. By the way hope you all had a great new year!

Apr 16, 2013
I have nothing to add but to simply give you another pat on the back for being well ahead of the curve. She's rocking it! I LOVE bringing the tee inside and hitting against the mattress. My wife would freak. Inside my garage my DD has managed to take out a garage window (small, not a big deal) and a full wall window (ouch). I can't comprehend bringing her inside for swing work. LOL Just make sure she's enjoying this, otherwise you'll have a case of burnout in the future. My DD loves this kind of stuff, but not all will.

Oct 2, 2017
I have nothing to add but to simply give you another pat on the back for being well ahead of the curve. She's rocking it! I LOVE bringing the tee inside and hitting against the mattress. My wife would freak. Inside my garage my DD has managed to take out a garage window (small, not a big deal) and a full wall window (ouch). I can't comprehend bringing her inside for swing work. LOL Just make sure she's enjoying this, otherwise you'll have a case of burnout in the future. My DD loves this kind of stuff, but not all will.

Thanks, Well about the mattress. We've been banned from doing it in the house, but what the Wife doesn't know :D They are foam balls not real ones. And why I have her so close the mattress. As far as her enjoying it, she does. She came up with the schedule. Mon, wed, fri. Her sessions are only 15-30 min at most. I believe its better doing a short session more frequently than one long session. She doesn't get lessons anywhere else other than at home, unless its like a camp thing or something. And for burnout, the team she was on just joined a Tulsa Elite Travel ball team. They were talking about a crazy schedule. Its not something she wanted to do and neither did we. because of the very reason of burnout. At least not at 8. She still wants to be able to do things as a kid, which is fine by us. So she switched to a different team starting this spring that's more local/rec with some tournaments involved.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Thanks, Well about the mattress. We've been banned from doing it in the house, but what the Wife doesn't know :D They are foam balls not real ones. And why I have her so close the mattress. As far as her enjoying it, she does. She came up with the schedule. Mon, wed, fri. Her sessions are only 15-30 min at most. I believe its better doing a short session more frequently than one long session. She doesn't get lessons anywhere else other than at home, unless its like a camp thing or something. And for burnout, the team she was on just joined a Tulsa Elite Travel ball team. They were talking about a crazy schedule. Its not something she wanted to do and neither did we. because of the very reason of burnout. At least not at 8. She still wants to be able to do things as a kid, which is fine by us. So she switched to a different team starting this spring that's more local/rec with some tournaments involved.

You live in Oklahoma? We are located in Norman and my DD plays for the Oklahoma Athletics. Tulsa Elite is a good program but they do seem to play a bit too much at the younger age levels.

Oct 2, 2017
You live in Oklahoma? We are located in Norman and my DD plays for the Oklahoma Athletics. Tulsa Elite is a good program but they do seem to play a bit too much at the younger age levels.

Yeah Muskogee Oklahoma. I've heard good things about the Org. The team she was on was out of Tahlequah. The Angels. They were invited to be the New 8u Tulsa Elite team. The Coaches were talking about going all over the place. I'm not saying its bad or good. Just wasn't a fit for her goals or ours. I personally believe that playing games are important, but the truth is that players don't get that many touches or opportunities on the ball whether batting, fielding or throwing during game times. But they can during practice time. With the schedule that they were going for, didn't allow much for practice time. So that played a big part in our decision to go somewhere else. At this age I much rather have her focus on developing fundamentals.

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah Muskogee Oklahoma. I've heard good things about the Org. The team she was on was out of Tahlequah. The Angels. They were invited to be the New 8u Tulsa Elite team. The Coaches were talking about going all over the place. I'm not saying its bad or good. Just wasn't a fit for her goals or ours. I personally believe that playing games are important, but the truth is that players don't get that many touches or opportunities on the ball whether batting, fielding or throwing during game times. But they can during practice time. With the schedule that they were going for, didn't allow much for practice time. So that played a big part in our decision to go somewhere else. At this age I much rather have her focus on developing fundamentals.

Playing all over the place for MP is silly IMO. The Angels are a good org too, are they breaking up or was it just the 8U team that was going to leave? We played the 10U Angels team a few times and I really liked their coaches..the kids (in particular the middle infielders) had solid fundamentals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101