Swapping Teams

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

John Robertson

The Voice
Feb 23, 2020
I’m so tired seeing kids from Southern Louisian jumping from Travel Team to Travel Team. Travel around here feels like rec. did 5yrs ago.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I hear you. DD started TB at 14u. Of the 13 or 14 original girls, only three stayed with the team through 18u. So many jump around just to find another team with a different set of imperfections.

May 29, 2015
We get into some lengthy discussions here on the difference between rec and competitive/travel/etc.

I'm of the same mindset you are ... much of competitive ball (in my area) has become little more than expensive rec ball.

John Robertson

The Voice
Feb 23, 2020
We get into some lengthy discussions here on the difference between rec and competitive/travel/etc.

I'm of the same mindset you are ... much of competitive ball (in my area) has become little more than expensive rec ball.
The parents are the worst. When I played if you didn’t make the team your butt went home and practiced harder. That way when tryouts came back up you were mentally and physically ready. Not these days parents will just go to the next travel tryouts until there kid got picked up.

Nov 29, 2009
Or start their own team!

You see the ads for the ALL NEW Daddy's Little Muffin Princesses. Looking for talented players to add to our elite core group of girls. (The 5 coaches daughters) All positions open. (Except those the coaches DD's play) . We will be playing in all the major tournaments. (We have no idea what our schedule is.

Happens every year.

Apr 25, 2019
I’m so tired seeing kids from Southern Louisian jumping from Travel Team to Travel Team. Travel around here feels like rec. did 5yrs ago.

We have been lucky to find a team that we have been with for 3 years now and have had very little turnover. My DD plays for a 12u team out of Prairieville. Where in South Louisiana are you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28