Suspended Game-Stats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD was having a great night in a non conference DH last night. She hit the game winning hit in the first game and she hit 2 HR's in her first two AB's in the second game. Bottom of the 3rd inning they called the game due to rain. She would have been tied for 2nd in career HR's, but in the books, the game never existed and they won't make it up in the future. DD called me last night. She was really bummed.

Aug 6, 2013
DD was having a great night in a non conference DH last night. She hit the game winning hit in the first game and she hit 2 HR's in her first two AB's in the second game. Bottom of the 3rd inning they called the game due to rain. She would have been tied for 2nd in career HR's, but in the books, the game never existed and they won't make it up in the future. DD called me last night. She was really bummed.
Congrats to your daughter for the hit and the awesome HRs. That blows the HRs won't count officially. I like to remind myself that greater things are often in store when something disappointing happens. Usually it is a little more religious in my mind but I'm gonna keep it generic for this purpose. I tell my daughter this and she just rolls her eyes. She's 18 and I'm 49 so I have had a little more chances to witness it even in my own life. You can try telling DD this and see if it helps - it probably won't but I believe something even better is in store in her near future if it matters :)

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Congrats to your daughter for the hit and the awesome HRs. That blows the HRs won't count officially. I like to remind myself that greater things are often in store when something disappointing happens. Usually it is a little more religious in my mind but I'm gonna keep it generic for this purpose. I tell my daughter this and she just rolls her eyes. She's 18 and I'm 49 so I have had a little more chances to witness it even in my own life. You can try telling DD this and see if it helps - it probably won't but I believe something even better is in store in her near future if it matters :)
Thanks for the kinds words. I was just thinking that she needs to think of that game as a practice game and it means nothing other than getting reps.

ETA: I just saw she posted on her IG story. A picture of her coming home on one of the HR's with the caption. I just hit back to back HR's for fun. LOL.

Jun 11, 2013
So what. It doesn't matter if if shows in the stats or the records, she did it and got to run around the bases a few times. Enjoy it.

Oct 4, 2018
So what. It doesn't matter if if shows in the stats or the records, she did it and got to run around the bases a few times. Enjoy it.

He did mention it would have moved her up in the Career HRs for that school. That kinda matters. Well to me, and probably to her.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
After Tuesday's disappointment, DD rebounded with her 4th Grand Slam and 8 RBI's tying the ASC
Conference and School Records. I was at DD2's game running concessions while trying to watch the game on my phone. I was going back and forth looking at the Live Stats and realized I must have been behind on the live feed when I read DD had a HR and 4 Rbi's! I yelled over at my DW and said she did it again. Another HR! Crazy.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I had the reverse happen a few years ago. My daughter was pitching in a game her team was losing 3-1 after 5 innings at home. The opposing team exploded for 9 runs, 2 earned, in the top of the sixth. After the last out was recorded, a thunderstorm moved in, so the umps called the game since it was already official.

As we were walking off the field, I confirmed the score was 3-1 with the head coach of the other team. The guy lost his mind and started yelling that it was 12-1, not 3-1. Since the winning coach calls in the score to the local newspaper, he called in a 12-1 score. When I saw the online score, I called the paper and our local sanctioning board to explain what happened. Needless to say, both agreed with me, and the correction was made.

That coach hasn't spoken to me since.

Feb 20, 2021
@OrangeSocks - congrats to your DD! And love her sense of humor and taking it in stride with the post about home runs for fun. :)
@LE - the opposing coach sounds like a real peach. Even in 8u, the score reverts to last full inning. Especially odd since it didn’t change the outcome of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802