Supporting the economy one gadget at a time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2019
OK, I'm guilty! I like gadgets. Plus, I'm bored from not being able to be out at the fields. Plus, I've probable saved enough gas and worked enough OT this year month that it's OK to spurge a little. Oh, and I'm trying to find ANYthing that will help me get the kids get off their butts and do something related to their sports.

So, in an effort to support the economy, I was considering trying to convince my DW that something like the Blast Motion bat sensor would help both of the kids improve their hitting. (They're on sale through their website for $75 right now.)

1. Talk me into or out of it. Anyone have enough experience with them to recommend them or warn me away? Is the $75 sale price enough to change your mind one way or the other? (The sole intent for me to buy this or something similar is to understand how DD's swing velocity changes from tee to live pitches, See thread here for why: https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/one-year-later-any-progress.38042/ I am much less interested in the actual velocity, although noting improvement would be nice.)

2. What gadget is next on your list to convince your spouse would really help your DD (or DS or you) improve her game? Bonus points if it is actually something for your spouse. @ANNASDAD gloves do not count as gadgets, @CoreSoftball20 sorry, neither do bats.

Oct 26, 2019
@Comocoach That’s funny!

Reminds me of a year in college where we had 2 catchers go down to injury and were only left with one on the roster for a bit. We couldn’t afford for him to go down so we didn’t have him catch bullpens and instead had some of our relief pitchers do the catching. They were terrible at it. Our pitching coach just kept saying - “that’s right son, keep swatting that thing down, we got a whole bucket of balls back here, just don’t get hurt., we will pick them up when we are done.”

Apr 17, 2019
I'd've already bought Diamond Kinetics gizmos except we're not an ios household. If they ever come out with Android versions, I'm in.

If anyone has an alternative pitch tracking gizmo (that actually works, and isn't Revfire, cause those are impossible to find), I'd love to know!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802