Summer 16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Been working on getting dd swing to a hlbb swing. Hits well and hard. Not consistent as I would like. Misses are rollovers. Critique is welcomed. Thanks in advance. I Still don't understand fully , the front arm ( keeping close to chest)or separation(right at toe touch). Any suggestions are welcomed. Been doing Snf 90 45 drills. As well as high tee and back arm throws to understand top hand use. I use knob ( of the bat ) cues for adjustability which dd likes has helped with different zones (pitch location). This particular clip was a middle in ball. Last time I posted dd swing, ffs suggested a better hpp which I think we have adjusted.
https://youtu.be/Pv-MPETylEI

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_o8ddplIKu21usf292o1_250.gif

May 24, 2013
So Cal
How does she do with pitches up in the zone? The low hand position can make higher pitches a real struggle for hitters to square up. My preference is to see the hands pulling up to about shoulder height prior to swing launch.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
How does she do with pitches up in the zone? The low hand position can make higher pitches a real struggle for hitters to square up. My preference is to see the hands pulling up to about shoulder height prior to swing launch.

She has a hard time with anything above letter high.most do I think. But I agree I would like her hands a little more at shoulder height.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not an expert but her front arm is fully extended before contact.....

She had developed a chicken wing , so this arm position is a little over cooked trying to break the wing. But I see in most swings that the lead arm stays connected for awhile , basically until it's time to go to the ball. It was my attempt of staying connected and correcting the wing.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
She had developed a chicken wing , so this arm position is a little over cooked trying to break the wing. But I see in most swings that the lead arm stays connected for awhile , basically until it's time to go to the ball. It was my attempt of staying connected and correcting the wing.

A bent front elbow working above the hands isn't necessarily a bad thing, and long as extension through contact is still happening. That said, excessive bend can be an issue.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
A bent front elbow working above the hands isn't necessarily a bad thing, and long as extension through contact is still happening. That said, excessive bend can be an issue.

Yes. Her hands were sliding forward to soon( before rotation). That's where her chicken wing came from. Now she is more connected(not perfect). But I think we're closer than before . Doesn't elbow position depend on pitch location? Isn't the bottom hand just guiding( balancing) the bat? Isn't the top hand in charge of 85-90% of the swing? I think you'll see a lot of good swings with front arm extension before contact. If there is a better way , please let me know.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yes. Her hands were sliding forward to soon( before rotation). That's where her chicken wing came from. Now she is more connected(not perfect). But I think we're closer than before . Doesn't elbow position depend on pitch location? Isn't the bottom hand just guiding( balancing) the bat? Isn't the top hand in charge of 85-90% of the swing? I think you'll see a lot of good swings with front arm extension before contact. If there is a better way , please let me know.

Yes, elbow position is location-dependent. We want to see extension happening into and through contact. Full extension prior to contact is not ideal.
animation%2014_zps00yucogc.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee