Stuck on back side

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2014
That would be the knee ‘tuck’ portion, which isn’t stride.

During a good load the knee will ‘get’ tucked in and the mass will be carried forward. The lower front leg extends forward(stride) to leverage the swing. Making more sense now?

Can I say (or almost anyway), tuck the knee in as the body falls(?) forward?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The stride going too early is a physical cue that the body is out of balance and needs to find it first before worrying about anything else. Survival mode first.

If your body is in balance the entire sequence, the body will only care about hitting the ball. Nothing else like balance will hinder it from this.

Jun 4, 2014
No. Not all. What you are looking for is the bb/mass to gain ground before the lower leg extends forward or towards the ground.

You think Will's bb is moving forward before leg extends? Or are you showing this as the example of what not to do?

Jun 4, 2014
Um yeah. The knee is turned inwards.

OK. I see that. We tried it, but I don't think we get it.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
OK. I see that. We tried it, but I don't think we get it.

Why do you say that? She is in sequence.

Compare your dd to a pro with similar style. See if the movements match.

Also train more front toss. Video. Post.That will be the truth teller.

If my eyes aren’t decieving me. She appears to have proper core actions

Jun 4, 2014
Why do you say that? She is in sequence.

Compare your dd to a pro with similar style. See if the movements match.

Also train more front toss. Video. Post.That will be the truth teller.

If my eyes aren’t decieving me. She appears to have proper core actions

Thanks for the response. I hate to continue to hijack this thread, BUT, here are things that I'm concerned about in comparing to this and other videos (and I'm probably not going to say all of this the right way):

1. She has difficulty going forward without going backwards firsts.
2. I feel like she is too tall and that her nose is too far forward -- but maybe both of these are the result of the contact point being too far forward.

I'm running out of daylight. I will try to find a time to get her outside for some front toss, and use the camera to get 60fps.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Thanks for the response. I hate to continue to hijack this thread, BUT, here are things that I'm concerned about in comparing to this and other videos (and I'm probably not going to say all of this the right way):

1. She has difficulty going forward without going backwards firsts.
2. I feel like she is too tall and that her nose is too far forward -- but maybe both of these are the result of the contact point being too far forward.

I'm running out of daylight. I will try to find a time to get her outside for some front toss, and use the camera to get 60fps.

Load in the Sagittal plane. That will stop the backshift. Like Springer. It will help the ‘high hands’ as well.

Before you change her stance etc. do front toss and let the video and results guide you to any needed adjustments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K