Strikeouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
The top 2 hitters on my DD's team - AVG, SLG, and OPS - are also among the lowest in Ks (less than 10%). One has more HRs than Ks. The other has twice as many 2Bs as Ks.

My point is that the goal should be to be a good hitter - hit for average WITH power. You don't have to sacrifice one for the other. Develop a good swing that generates power, and learn to hit with that swing. Hit with intent to do damage, and have a calculated approach to your at bats. Be a predator.

I love watching my DD at the plate.

May 6, 2015
related to this topic, where would you put this batter in your lineup, first column is team rank (13 girls), second is raw number.

PA
7​
102​
BA
5​
0.357​
OBP
4​
0.465​
K%
2​
0.061​
OPS
6​
0.846​
BA w RISP
2​
0.424​
RBI
8​
15​
2 Out RBI
1​
8​

DDS team this spring always had her fairly low down in lineup, wondering what others thought. many of the girls ahead of her looked great during soft toss or against slow pitching, but not a lot of contact when facing faster pitching (12u team).

Jun 8, 2016
I love watching my DD at the plate.

View attachment 14704
Well it is good she has some FC sprinkled in there since I was watching DD through GC for the first time a few weeks ago and noticed a whole bunch of "Susie gets on 1st with a hit to SS, Julie out at second" things flying around in the play by play... :LOL:

Oct 4, 2018
Well it is good she has some FC sprinkled in there since I was watching DD through GC for the first time a few weeks ago and noticed a whole bunch of "Susie gets on 1st with a hit to SS, Julie out at second" things flying around in the play by play... :LOL:

Yeah. I've probably mentioned that before.

These girls are young, and green. I don't let it bother me too badly, but with two outs my DD hits a line drive to the outfield and doesn't get a hit because the run on first was tagging up. Good times.

Oct 4, 2018
related to this topic, where would you put this batter in your lineup, first column is team rank (13 girls), second is raw number.

PA
7​
102​
BA
5​
0.357​
OBP
4​
0.465​
K%
2​
0.061​
OPS
6​
0.846​
BA w RISP
2​
0.424​
RBI
8​
15​
2 Out RBI
1​
8​

DDS team this spring always had her fairly low down in lineup, wondering what others thought. many of the girls ahead of her looked great during soft toss or against slow pitching, but not a lot of contact when facing faster pitching (12u team).

The BA w RISP and 2 Out RBIs sure are nice. Makes me inclined to put them in the 5 spot, or maybe the 3 or 6 spot, but what do I know?

Obviously depends on the rest of the team.

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah. I've probably mentioned that before.

These girls are young, and green. I don't let it bother me too badly, but with two outs my DD hits a line drive to the outfield and doesn't get a hit because the run on first was tagging up. Good times.
Well my comment was more towards the adult running DD's GC not having a clue..

Jul 15, 2015
We must have the same GC scorekeeper.

Jun 8, 2016
Is this the place where we post our pre-pubescent child's stats? I would too but I am too cheap to pay for stats on GC...somebody did tell me DD was hitting over .500 in 80 something ABs (remember no FC in DD's GC-ladies' world so I would guess that would be closer to .450 or so) till she pooped the bed in Nationals. Until everybody on your team can tie their own shoelaces in a short enough time where a coach doesn't have to run out to the field to help, stats don't mean a dang thing.

That said let me see if my father still has the scorebook from my LL days since I think I hit .700 with 8 bombs when I was 10 playing against 11 and 12 YO.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................nope he said the book disintegrated you will just have to take my word for it and remember that the kid who hit .700 with 8 bombs when he was 10 is now a computer jockey... :LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28