Stretching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Shaun,
Why doesn't he just start at the position you paused the clip? (post #7)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Where do you think the 'stretch' is happening or what do you think is being 'stretched'?
Pick a color. I'm thinking you'd pick yellow.
tumblr_osoxe3nHMy1usf292o1_400.gif

Added:
tumblr_pigtdcIGVQ1usf292o1_400.gif

BTW, I think your lines need to go from the front shoulder to back hip shortening (front shoulder comes down and in as the stride.hip move forward) and the back shoulder to front hip lengthening.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I would draw it from the rear shoulder or maybe the hands to the belt loop on the front hip. What do you think FFS?

Yes the from the rear shoulder to the front hip lengthens. The front shoulder turn down and in as the hips move forward lengthening the connection between the front hip and rear shoulder. The shoulder complex is being stretched against the stride.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
BTW, I think your lines need to go from the front shoulder to back hip shortening (front shoulder comes down and in as the stride.hip move forward) and the back shoulder to front hip lengthening.

This is part of the stretch being created ... along the back, from front shoulder to rear hip.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
This is part of the stretch being created ... along the back, from front shoulder to rear hip.

The catapult hitting system goes over this well. The front shoulder comes down and in shortening the distance between the front shoulder and rear hip. While this shortens the distance of the front (chest or front of the body) the distance across the back (back of the body) front shoulder to back hip lengthens. And the while the distance between the front hip and back shoulder lengthens in the front the distance shortens in the back. It's a X pattern that shortens and lengthens the legs of the X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802