Strength and Conditioning for Pitchers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2017
Please post any favorite videos or links. (I have significant hip flexor and iliotibial band pain and really need to get on top of it!)

Check out Bob and Brad on youtube. They are physical therapists I discovered and I've learned a lot of tips to help with my chronic back issue. A little goofy at times but very informative, they cover lots of problem.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Is this documented somewhere? That these excercises will benefit pitchers specificallly? I just haven't seen that research.

I’ll ask around. I’d love to have decent research to back up a lot of what I teach. Icing after throwing always jumps out at me as a common practice with little to prove its benefit other than reducing pain.

Jun 7, 2016
Athlean-X has tons of good videos on you tube. You WILL need to do alot of viewing to find things that are applicable to your situation, including having some background in movement and training. But his videos are loaded with expert knowledge that has helped both DD and myself.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Ken asked for videos. Here is a 12 min show and tell of some of the joint stability exercises my dd does 2-3X/week all year round. I had her perform them. Any questions or need help lmk. Thanks. Hope you enjoy. Dr T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dr T, Anthony and Marcella

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018
Many thanks to you and your family for that great video!

PS Love the dumbell set, it gets tiresome changing plates all the time!

Dumbells are the way to go unless you need heavy heavy lifting like back squats or deadlifts.

Mar 28, 2014
Ken asked for videos. Here is a 12 min show and tell of some of the joint stability exercises my dd does 2-3X/week all year round. I had her perform them. Any questions or need help lmk. Thanks. Hope you enjoy. Dr T

Fantastic video Doc. Will start this next week with DD. Much obliged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28