Streaming with a GoPro through Game Changer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Okay, so I have a question for DFP land and tech gurus out there.

I recently purchased a Hero 9 to record my daughter's pitching highlights. Recording through the GoPro has been relatively easy, especially after buying their remote control. I've also been streaming the games using my phone while using my wife's iPad to keep score. The issue I have is I am tied to to being a certain distance of the backstop or the iPad cuts out. The stream with go through on my phone and the recording works fine still.

I thought about using an external hotspot to stream through the GoPro so I can be free to move around at will, but I can't seem to find a way to connect the GoPro to the hotspot unless the hotspot is my phone.

Does anyone know of a way to connect the GoPro to a hotspot that's not a phone or tablet? I really need to pace while my daughter is pitching.

Thanks.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
With your phone connected to your GoPro, in the streaming setup, it will ask you to choose the wifi source. Once connected to the the hotspot and stream started, you can close the phone connection. From the perspective of the GoPro app, it won't know the difference between a hotspot and a traditional wifi connection. So you can test this on your home wifi to prove the concept.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
With your phone connected to your GoPro, in the streaming setup, it will ask you to choose the wifi source. Once connected to the the hotspot and stream started, you can close the phone connection. From the perspective of the GoPro app, it won't know the difference between a hotspot and a traditional wifi connection. So you can test this on your home wifi to prove the concept.
Thanks again, Josh. I will give that a try.

Edit: It worked perfectly.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802