Stop hitting down!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Forget watching all the videos.. putting videos on here to analyze... over thinking the swing.

Go get a T and hit off if it until she can hit it out of the infield, like an earlier poster said. Lot's of reps.. lot's of reps... lot's of reps.... hitting is not learned on a message board, it's learned in the backyard or on a ball field somewhere. Good luck.

If I'm not over-analyzing and over-discussing everything to do with softball, what else am I going to do with my day? Do you expect me to actually work?? That's crazy talk!!

Being serious...IMO, there's a LOT to be learned from shared knowledge, and discussion about all the little details. I agree that it has to get applied in the real world, on a field, and in the game. I also agree that a ton of reps is a critical part of the process. However, since a majority of DFP'ers are parents and/or coaches who are trying to help young players get better, knowledge is important for us to be able to guide those players into mechanics that will continue to be successful as they grow in the game. Poor guidance is a recipe for mechanics that limit success.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN

Eric, I may have come off a little to harsh (and I wasn't trying to point anyone in particular out) You are one of ones I respect and value what you bring to this site. Sometimes these little issues like not getting lift on the ball is best worked out by actually just going out to a cage, field, net and practicing hitting "up".

Keep doing what you do, i enjoy what you bring. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee