Stinky Batting Gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Dear DFP,

So last week DD is sitting in the truck next to me and I smell something awful. Her shoes are off and I think to self: Self, her feet stink. I leave it alone since she had a tough practice. Days later that smell keeps rearing it's stinky head in the dug out and then again during some tee work in the driveway. I realize that it's her batting gloves! Even though she is not wearing them, the stench remains on her hands. I have never had this problem with any batting gloves that I had growing up or as an adult or previous batting gloves DD used. Any advice for funk removal?

May 20, 2015
Dear DFP,

So last week DD is sitting in the truck next to me and I smell something awful. Her shoes are off and I think to self: Self, her feet stink. I leave it alone since she had a tough practice. Days later that smell keeps rearing it's stinky head in the dug out and then again during some tee work in the driveway. I realize that it's her batting gloves! Even though she is not wearing them, the stench remains on her hands. I have never had this problem with any batting gloves that I had growing up or as an adult or previous batting gloves DD used. Any advice for funk removal?

Try putting them in a freezer for a few days.
That should kill the funk causing bacteria.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
At $15, they are a disposable item and your best bet is a new pair...if that is not an option try rinsing them out, spraying them with Fabreeze and letting them dry in the sun.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Freeze em for a couple days followed by 2 minutes on HIGH in the microwave: Viola! The stench will be gone--guaranteed!

(Try some warm water and hand soap. Rinse welll, then dry in a cool dryer with several old rags.)

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
My 2 youngest are both catchers. Andy they catch with their batting glove under their mitts. So that thing never comes off and smells like death. I've tried various things, some mentioned above. One thing we do is zip zip bags and charcoal (that small stuff they use in fish tanks). When that doesn't work, gasoline generally fixes the problem. Place the glove on a side walk and soak it with gas. Carefully drop a match on it and watch the stink melt away :) (along with the glove obviously).

Jun 18, 2013
Cricket has been complaining about her batting gloves stinking but she won't let me replace them. I told her to suck it up then. If she wants "lucky" batting gloves she has to deal with the smell.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
There was nothing more I could do with these hideous abominations. image.jpg
I have no idea how to rotate this photo.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45