Stay and Play question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
This isn't bashing all stay and play events. I understand the desire of directors to use this system and I have actually had good experiences with a couple of companies that handle bookings for tourneys. Specifically everything we hace played with Triple Crown and the D9 in Orlando. May question is about Traveling Teams. Has anyone on earth ever had a decent booking experience with them.

It seems the process is always the same. Select hotel, told they don't have rooms, recieve a list of alternates, with no options within 30 miles of the park. It doesn't matter if we are one of the first accepted to a tourney or are late booking. It is always the same process.

May 17, 2012
Stay and Play is crap. Be sure to complain to the tournament director after the tournament.

I have used Traveling Teams and yes the whole process is convoluted. I don't need a third party to complicate the transaction.

I am sure there is some event somewhere that benefits from Stay and Play but we haven't played in it.

J.Galt

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
D9 in Orlando and TCS in Colorado have been great and easy to work with but I'm not sure who set everything up. I believe the team the DD is on has a set of parents who acts as the manager, those parents handle all of the travel needs as well as setting up all the extracurricular activities and uniforms.

Jun 11, 2012
We used Traveling Teams numerous times. Honestly the best way to have an easy go of it is to book way way in advance.
We had what we thought was an issue one year but it actually ended up being one of the best hotels we’ve ever stayed in as a team.
But we also ended up in a mess of a place that was under construction, some families got brand new rooms, some got partially renovated rooms and some hadn’t been touched in years. That being said, the location was great, the common area was fantastic and located far away from any of the rooms so we could be really loud.

Feb 3, 2016
It was developed to save people money but still waiting for that. Usually costs people more 5-30 more a night.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28