Starting over

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am certain that "the dog" runs from Corpus to Houston. :D

She probably was just so overwhelmed during Freshman year that she did change her approach to pitching, a little. Especially, since she had to please the HS coach.

My students are just tiny (6-11) and I teach a very basic stride, arm circle and flip. They are getting the job done and I believe they are all on their "all star" teams.

But, spectators are taking it upon themselves to yell out "instruction" to the pitchers. One little girl has to endure hearing "slap your hip" and start with the ball "high over your head."

It is rough in HS, but coaches really need to leave a kid alone. Especially, when she is getting the job done AND has private instruction.

Jan 6, 2009
Texas
I hear that stuff all the time - I remember some locals years ago - whose dd was struggling to get the ball across the plate, mom supercoach, is yelling 'watch out, drag your foot, dont crow hop, dont leap'. I am thinking you wish this 9 year old was aggressive enough to put the effort into any of the above. The kid was a one step pitcher - and listening to the litany of instructions from the uninformed parent, she did good at that.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Donnie, I was watching one of my 9's pitch the other night and the catcher's mom kept yelling at her "get that mask off." Catcher was leaving it on and for good reason. I told my friend, the 9 yo knows more than the mom.

May 7, 2008
Huh??

Has everyone overlooked the obvious? If DonnieS dd is a freshman, then she is 14 yrs old, and if as he said she has pitched in "700 games since she was 8 yrs old" (which was 6 years ago), then he is saying she has pitched in 116 games a year!!! I'm sorry to have to say this but when statements like this are made I question the veracity of the rest of the evaluation.

May 12, 2008
Lots of time limited tourney games. I can testify she has played a lot and her sister is going to play Big 12 softball and she has a lot of physical talent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812