Starting email with concern for coach's general wellbeing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
DW suggested DD start her email to a coach with some form of

"Dear Coach _____:
Hope you are doing well during this difficult time. (or some other mention of concern in this situation)
My name is ____ ____ and I'm...."

DD and I thought that was not appropriate for any early emails sent to a college coach. Maybe I wrong, and too rigid about such things. Any opinions?

Nov 21, 2017
Considering the times, that is a fine opening statement. My DD wrote a few in a similar way and got a response from D3 coach also wishing us good health, and a phone call later to aswer all her questions.

May 29, 2015
Add me to the group. I have been using something similar in opening or closing on my business correspondences. Just make sure it sounds and feel authentic.

Nov 27, 2012
You are overthinking this. Coaches are humans too, so it depends on that individual coach. Most coaches are normal people and they understand how a 15 or 16 YO will write. Don't be too formal and tell your daughter to be herself.

May 16, 2016
While there is nothing wrong with that introductory line, remember, coaches are getting lot of emails each week, maybe more than usual now that everyone has free time. Your goal should be to grab the coach's attention, and get them to read beyond the introduction. This assumes your subject line was interesting enough to get them to open your email in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478