Start of 1st year 12u season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
The swing looks good. Hard to tell, but she looks like she is dead still in her stance. Most hitters have what I call an “internal rocking mechanism”, or a little waggle in their stance. Has she ever played with that?
I 100% agree. If she does have any rhythm it's very little to almost none. I have talked about a few times a long while back,but nothing as of late.

Oct 26, 2019
I 100% agree. If she does have any rhythm it's very little to almost none. I have talked about a few times a long while back,but nothing as of late.
Maybe when you are watching games on TV bring it up to her. Hard to find any good hitters that doesn’t have some pre-pitch waggle.

Oct 2, 2017
Thanks,

See some things that I think she can work on for sure. Just don't want to mess with it too much, since she is improving each outing.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019
There's a lot to like about those swings...I think you're definitely on the right track to not try and micro manage what she's doing. I feel like at this age it is really important for them to start being able to better feel and recognize what their bodies are doing. I know I have to fight the urge to over-instruct my DD when I see something she's doing that looks a little wonky...

If you see something majorly out of whack, address it. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing and subtly guide her as she finds her own unique hitting style.

Oct 2, 2017
There's a lot to like about those swings...I think you're definitely on the right track to not try and micro manage what she's doing. I feel like at this age it is really important for them to start being able to better feel and recognize what their bodies are doing. I know I have to fight the urge to over-instruct my DD when I see something she's doing that looks a little wonky...

If you see something majorly out of whack, address it. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing and subtly guide her as she finds her own unique hitting style.
That's not the way of the Dad! :LOL: J/K. I'm really trying to improve in that department.

Oct 2, 2017
Great work!
She's getting better a bit here, a bit there. Timing is the big one. The top video was a 9 pitch at bat. Instantly went behind 2 strikes and battle back to full count fouled off 3 times and then hit the liner. The other video she attacked first pitch. It was caught but still a great hit to build confidence.

Hopefully it will carry into the weekend.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020
Looked like a great hit for sure. Love long QABs. My youngest dd had a 13 pitch ab that ended in a K but was incredible, had everyone buzzing.

Did the 2nd beat the OF? Looked like she really got into it! She should be proud, that's a lot of work behind it. She looks strong and confident.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad