Squash the bug

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
She did or the coach did? If I remember where she ended up the coach was beyond bad, now gone.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
Lol..where the heck was that game played? Local HS field? :LOL:
That was Aaron's rookie year 1954 and that was at Milwaukee county stadium. 10 feet either way and you will see the bleachers. The area in cf was called perini's woods named after the team owner.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Brooke, aborted this swing while at College.. If I am not mistaken she struggled making contact due to being under the ball.

From what I understood from my conversations with Crankermo, most of Brooke's struggles in college were primarily due to the knee injury - and subsequent surgery - that eventually forced her to quit playing.

Regardless of her bat path, the GIF is still a good illustration of the twisting forces happening in the rear leg, which was the point. You can see the same initial ER forces happening at the foot with Trout...

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
From what I understood from my conversations with Crankermo, most of Brooke's struggles in college were primarily due to the knee injury - and subsequent surgery - that eventually forced her to quit playing.

Correct she had knee troubles but that was after aborting the swing. She struggled making contact.. Crankermo, discussed it here a few years back.

Her swing when she was younger (don't have the clip) was damn good. She was swinging "down to"

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Correct she had knee troubles but that was after aborting the swing. She struggled making contact.. Crankermo, discussed it here a few years back.

Her swing when she was younger (don't have the clip) was damn good. She was swinging "down to"

I hadn't heard about that. Regardless, it's irrelevant to this discussion.

Nov 8, 2018
All the advice has been great and helpful. Each tool was helpful the other night. Each kid got it using a different cue or explanation or prop or drill. Yeah great advise all around and it’s made a difference already. Thanks gang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28