Split Grip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
To the point of contact. Stop swings to a point helps you focus on the hands and connection to the body. The arms are used less, accept for their role to the hands.

Try different levels of swings, 60% effort on a stop swing etc. You’re not interested in effort through contact.

Do 10 stop swings then a stop swing that doesn’t stop, follow through.
Contact should be somewhere around where the lead arm can no longer hold its 90 degree angle correct? Here is how I introduce stop swings using pvc. We use whiffles on a tee next.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Contact should be somewhere around where the lead arm can no longer hold its 90 degree angle correct? Here is how I introduce stop swings using pvc. We use whiffles on a tee next.

Yes, she needs work. Cutting down the effort level to 60% will help with the sequence. She is combining hand turn and hands extension. The hands slide forward with no arcing of the bat in that swing, pushing.

She isn’t swinging correctly, not ready to swing. She swings in front of the back leg.

I’m not a big pvc fan. Post some swings while using pvc and I’ll bet they look bad.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
She needs work on the hands swinging around the forearm. More supination, hand pivot point. There is too much back arm action trying to turn the bat, some slop.

My last observation, she is slowing down to soon. Needs to be stop at contact. She is driving the hands and trying to stop. That’s hard to do, 🤔

Aug 20, 2017
I’ve found the PVC is beneficial for focusing on feels. It allows them to see how the knob needs to work. If she uses her hands correctly the knob end of the pvc should hit her forearm and help her “stop” at contact.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28