Spin

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Just a pitching dad. I have been fortunate to see a lot of really good pitchers from all ages over the last couple of years. Saw a kid this weekend that is 5.5 and a little on the skinny side. Probably 50 on most pitches but as I walked by she had unbelievable spin on the ball. Her pitches didn't break that much but the number of revolutions on the ball was unreal. I called my daughter over and a dad and they both went wow after watching one pitch. The young girl is an average pitcher at the moment but what does this mean later on?

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
. Probably 50 on most pitches but as I walked by she had unbelievable spin on the ball. Her pitches didn't break that much but the number of revolutions on the ball was unreal.

If she has a lot of spin and it is not breaking, then her spin axis is way off.

Last edited:

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
If she has a lot of spin and it is not breaking, then her spin axis is way off.

Probably nothing.
Honestly I do not think you have enough info to conclude "probably nothing". I love your posts. You very helpful. And I am very thankful for this site and posters like yourself. But sometimes posts like these can be taken in a negative way.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Honestly I do not think you have enough info to conclude "probably nothing". I love your posts. You very helpful. And I am very thankful for this site and posters like yourself. But sometimes posts like these can be taken in a negative way.

Yes I get your point.

I'm confused by the post. A 50 MPH pitch with lots of spin will break. But, the OP said that the ball wasn't breaking.

So, it doesn't fit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K