Speed sensor radar ball??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2009
Anybody use a speed sensor radar ball that would like to give feedback on it? Are they accurate and durable? Thanks

I have one, bought it last year. It is really touchy, if you dont squeeze it hard and grip it right it doesnt give a reading or it will give a false reading. The dd hates it and wont even use it. IMHO buy the gun instead, alot less headache and bushnell makes one thats not as expensive as the others. Mike

Mar 11, 2009
ttt

I inquired earlier on whether someone locally had a Revfire I could try and if I liked it I would buy one, but no response....Right now I don't want to spend that kind of money...Thanks
TM

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I can send you my old GloveRadar. I like them and am on my 2nd one. This one works, but a little plastic corner of it tore, where it attaches to the glove. You can still use it though. IM me with your address. Amy

TM, my DD's pitching coach has had a revfire for about a year and a half. He doesn't use it every class or anything, but his has had quite a bit of use obviously, and still works fine.

I think it really helps my DD work on her pitches, since you get immediate feedback on the spin counts. The speed reading is OK, but we don't worry about it a whole lot. There is usually a correlation between the spins and the speed of the pitch, anyway.

May 13, 2008
Don't dwell on velocity too much. Focus on where the ball goes and what it is doing when it gets there. Cat Osterman is one of the best at that. ;)

Jan 24, 2009
I have a question about the Revfire. Does it take into account the direction of the rotation?

In other words, if the ball has a spiral spin or "bullet spin" does it give the same readout as a ball with a top spin...assuming of course that both examples are spinning at the same rate of speed.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I don't know the exact answer to your question, but you have to use the softball that comes with the machine. You get 2 and they have black seams.

There is more information on their website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802