Speed Increase Under New Rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The current thread on the new step/start back rules has a good discussion of what the new rules provide for. I wondered if anyone can share any measurables they have seen and would attribute to a mechanical advantage from the new rules. The consensus is that velocity will increase. Have others actually seen this, and if so by how much, at what age, and how long did it take to realize the gains? Are we talking about 2mph or 5mph (or none at all) I guess is my question. And were there any other mechanical adjustments besides simply moving the back foot further back? My DD reports feeling “better leverage” with her foot further back but also that “it’s harder to get her center of gravity forward” before she pushes (her words not mine), so this is still in an experimental phase for her.
Can share when it became illegal to do that
Some pitchers had to adjust to not doing it, and there was a noticeable decline in pitching ability marginal for some, more so for others, but noticeable.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Possibly having the pitching lines where the pitchers feet have to land (within the distance of the pitching rubber)
Maybe also a considerable effect of limiting pitchers. Cuz where their feet can land might clear their body easier out of the way for different pitches.
Angle type stuff.
Which those lines were not in effect years ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802