Sometimes my DD is exasperating.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
Your DD ? Have 5 of them if you want the full monte ... I would like to offer you the plan that worked for me ... Beer-muffs.

Jan 25, 2022
love this thread! I had 3 myself and no words could adequately express their feelings for me as their instructor and coach.

My older one just dropped softball, but she sort-of listened to me most of the time. If another coach had ever told her anything, no matter how bad that coach may have been, she always deferred to them.

My 14 year old listens to me almost too much. She listened to me as her archery coach and I didn't know what I was talking about most of the time. I think she just trusts that I have her best interest at heart and am always working to get better at what I'm doing. I can only attribute this to the fact that we've spent a lot of time together since we first met when she had just turned a year old. We have a lot of windshield time in together.

Jan 25, 2022
I broke two of my rules yesterday. It went about 50% as well as I hoped it would. After all the drama my wife told me I talk about softball too much and am wearing her out. I do talk about it a lot, but they got me into this. I also informed her that the kid needs to be throwing a minmum 300 pitches per week and we aren't even close to that. But still...I knew better.

Some people never learn...

May 21, 2018
My 14 year old listens to me almost too much. She listened to me as her archery coach and I didn't know what I was talking about most of the time.
This is me with softball. I always tell DD, "look I'm learning the sh*t right along with you, so if I tell you something you don't think is right, you gotta let me know. Cuz there's a good chance I'm wrong."........actually I could apply that statement to most situations.

Feb 7, 2014
This is me with softball. I always tell DD, "look I'm learning the sh*t right along with you, so if I tell you something you don't think is right, you gotta let me know. Cuz there's a good chance I'm wrong."........actually I could apply that statement to most situations.

Ha, I wish more coaches were this honest !

I recently put DD into hockey... don't anything about the sport, so I feel your pain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee