Some great matchups this weekend!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Texas has a freshman pitcher that lived 25 minutes from me and I never heard of her. Different sate but still. She played travel for so cal athletics in California. Pitched yesterday agaisnt Houston. Easy shut out 2 singles. Crazy. You think ya know all the local talent
A's Mercado also had a Texas player on that same team. Allison Royalty. I guess there's not enough good pitching in California. :unsure:

Nov 25, 2012
USA
A's Mercado also had a Texas player on that same team. Allison Royalty. I guess there's not enough good pitching in California. :unsure:
@Orange Socks I was thinking about you earlier. What do you know about Amanda Curran (Woodlands girl as you know)? I haven't seen her pitch on TV yet but hoping she will soon. I watched her years and years ago at a Tourney in Houston and still have video of her that I took. 6 foot girl and skinny as a rail but could hurl it. Hoping she pans out for them as she was pretty good in HS.

Apr 28, 2014
It's interesting California produces a ton of softball talent but many of the top pitchers come from other states.

Apr 28, 2014
Yep. She went to a private HS in North Jersey. Their HS team recruits big time. Our HS faced them and her down in Florida. She has an amazing curve ball. Funny thing was the only girl on our team to get a hit off her (line drive to the OF) was a non-travel player. We celebrated that like it was a home run. 😂

LSU just put it on her. Thats nothing to be ashamed of. They are the real deal. She has a bright future!

May 27, 2013
LSU just put it on her. Thats nothing to be ashamed of. They are the real deal. She has a bright future!
Yes - and there was actually an illegal pitch called, as well. Where is that crowhop/leap thread when you need it?? 😉

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
@Orange Socks I was thinking about you earlier. What do you know about Amanda Curran (Woodlands girl as you know)? I haven't seen her pitch on TV yet but hoping she will soon. I watched her years and years ago at a Tourney in Houston and still have video of her that I took. 6 foot girl and skinny as a rail but could hurl it. Hoping she pans out for them as she was pretty good in HS.
I reTheremember her playing with the Peppers back in 14U, but don't recall seeing her play after that. I noticed that she played for the TN Fury and Tx Threat. For some reason I am thinking she might have played for the Scrapyard organization at one point. There is a connection between Tenn and The Woodlands. Aubrey Leach went the The Woodlands and her dad coached with The Scrapyard. I wonder if the Weekleys wanted her to play with the Fury so they could better folllow her progress? Anyway, best of luck to her!

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I reTheremember her playing with the Peppers back in 14U, but don't recall seeing her play after that. I noticed that she played for the TN Fury and Tx Threat. For some reason I am thinking she might have played for the Scrapyard organization at one point. There is a connection between Tenn and The Woodlands. Aubrey Leach went the The Woodlands and her dad coached with The Scrapyard. I wonder if the Weekleys wanted her to play with the Fury so they could better folllow her progress? Anyway, best of luck to her!
I last watched her play when she was with the Peppers and then I think I saw her online in a High School game. And you are right about the Woodlands and TN. Just rooting for the Texas girls when they go off and out of state to play.

Brooke Vestal is another and hope she gets more time this year at OU. She was the cream of the crop in HS/Travel in the nation but hasn't done much so far. Of course, pitching at OU isn't the easiest thing to do as they are always stacked.

Apr 28, 2014
Nice to see Rachel Garcia back in the circle. Pitched 3 innings in relief today 1 hit picked up the win.
Ucla goes to 10-1
Playing midweek games this week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom