Some advice needed.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2009
Kat,

I'm of the opinion that in most instances, the HS SB experience is much like passing a kidney stone. It's rec league all over again. I remember when my daughter was a freshman, 9 freshman made varsity, all experienced upper level TB with 3 already playing gold. Many of the parents assumed that state championships were in the bag. Wrong. It wasn't until their Junior year that they finally won state. The only reason they won that year was the players got together and decided that they would agree with coach and then at game time do what they wanted. Senior year 4 of them quit. They had already signed their NLI's and decided they had had enough of the experience. Sad but true.

Know another dad whose dd had to get 3-5 outs an inning. She never got a HS championship. She did go on to get an Olympic gold medal though.

My dd's pitching coaches kid got taken out of the circle and put in rf because the HS coach felt her pitching wasn't cutting it. She did do fairly well in college. All-American, Academic AA, Finalist for POY, Made Team USA Elite and still ranks in the the top 15 NCAA all-time K leaders.

I'm sure somewhere good HS SB exists. I have just never seen it.

I guess it just depends on the metric you use to judge it by.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45